Enterprise Integration (EI) unifies a set of disciplines and technologies that address the challenges of technology-enabled business process integration and decision support. It focuses on the space between processes, applications and technologies to maximise business performance by improving the way in which they work together.
EI facilitates automation of business processes and exchange of the information that supports them. This in turn accelerates and improves the quality of business transactions and decision making across the enterprise.
Technologies that are often deployed in an EI environment include:
- Integration Brokers & Servers
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
- Legacy Batch processing
- Data Warehouse / Data Mart